Re: Xenon headlamp theft?

Ouch ! If I was you, I would think about getting a 3-rd party alarm with a Prox sensor. If someone gets too close the car, it will churp. In some places it can be a pain but, when your talking $9K to fix it (thank god for insurance) it would scare crooks away...

-Dave

> Yes. The headlights were removed from my RX300 in less than 2 minutes > (I know because it was the time that it took to leave the gas grill > get the chicken and return to the gas grill). The repair was nearly > $9,000 due to the interconnectedness of the lights and the airbag > sensors and the electrical wiring harness. Redesigning the > headlamp/ballast I think would just create more damage when the > headlights were removed and thus more repair costs. I'm planning to > trade my RX300 for an 05 Highlander Hybrid that doesn't have xenon or > high intensity (blue) lamps. Lexus lost me as a customer. I know they > didn't know this was going to happen, but the fact that their 05 > models have the high intensity headlamps means I won't be buying > Lexus. > > > > >>The NYC suburban area is experiencing rampant thefts of RX300/330 xenon >>headlamps -- like HUNDREDS. >> >>Anyone else experiencing this problem? >> >>The goal is is to make Lexus re-design the headlamp/balllast assembly to >> >>make theft more difficult -- or to offer an after-makrket fix. >> >>Any stories appreciated >> >> >
Reply to
Someone

The fix has already been implemented - during mid-2005 model year. Rest assured - no one is getting the zenon lights off the RX vehicles now. If the dealers are up to date, they should know this. Please upgrade your Lexus to the new RX350 - you'll love it. No need for chirping vehicles that everyone walks past and ignores.

Reply to
Jeff