Remote start problems GX470

A week ago I attempted to use my remote start. Five minutes after pressing the buttons I went outside to find the car not started. Additionally the windows were rolled down. Mind you its about 13 degrees out. I try to start the car and it wont crank over. I jump it and it starts imediately. Today THe same thing happened but I hadn;t even tried to use the remote start. Again windows down, and battery dead. I jump it and it starts in two seconds. Had autozone checked the battery and it tested to be good. I checked the charging system with a volt meter and its hit 15 + volts. So I know its charging and I know the battery is good. What is going on? Greg

Reply to
ghartran31

I do not think that remote starters is a factory option on the GX, which would make the one installed in your GX an aftermarket accessory. I would take the vehicle back to the installer for diagnosis and repair.

Reply to
Ray O