Reply from Lexus

The following is the reply from Lexus in response to the "piston slap" noise that we hear from our ES350 and also from a randomly selected car on the dealers lot.

Graybeard

Subject Defective Lexus Design

Discussion Thread Response (Heather Mauu) 04/28/2008 06:34 AM

Thank you for contacting the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department regarding Concern. We appreciate the time you have taken to share your thoughts.

Lexus understands your concerns with the engine noise heard in your

2007 ES 350, Vehicle Identification Number JTHBJ46G772142795. Lexus has done thorough research into this matter and has found that this engine noise is a normal operating condition. We apologize that the vehicle has not met your expectation. Please be assured that your dissatisfaction has been documented in our records for product improvement consideration.

If you require further assistance, please contact the Lexus Customer Satisfaction Department at 1-800-255-3987, Monday through Friday, 5:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., or Saturday, 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., Pacific Standard Time.

Sincerely,

Heather Mau'u Customer Satisfaction Representative

Reply to
Graybeard

Ah ha! So I suspect that the grinding grabbing brakes and the bumpy rumpy tranny are just normal for Lexus also. Of course I know that Lexus had to go to 16 speed tranny to try to get a smooth shifting thingy. Hope it works ...

Reply to
mcbrue

If this is the normal production line tolerance issue then Toyota is copying from the old GM play book. It saves money sure, but you get stuck with a POS.

Reply to
johngdole