Req Lexus navagation dvd upgrade for lexus 400 ls (1998-2000) Thanxn in adv Bram39

-= Get GrabIt for free from

=-

Reply to
bram39

You sure thats a DVD and not a CD?

Reply to
old man

"old man" quipped:

the navigation disk is a dual sided DVD.

Reply to
amstaffs

The navigation is a HD. DVD did not become available until the re-design in 2001

Reply to
greg

I think you typo'd HD meaning CD which is what my 400LS 1998 has

Reply to
old man

I believe that the Navigation system in the 1998 LS 400 had a hard-drive (HD), not CD or DVD based.

Reply to
Ray O

My late 98 LS has a cd, I've updated it since owning, a friends 99/2000 LS also has a cd

Reply to
old man

Where is the CD drive located?

Reply to
Ray O

Boot, left side (looking to the front) under the mat, between wing and spare tyre well. Pull a lever and the unit swivels up and ejects the cd. I'm using a cd I burnt on the PC, origonal cd stored.

Reply to
old man

Ray, "oldman"'s CD drive is located in the glovebox. You can "update" the CDs by taking them out of the 6 disc cartridge and putting in new CDs. Then your music will be "updated". However, that's the only CD you can update in a 98 LS. You are correct (as was my spelling) in that the

98 LS has a HD (that's hard drive) based system.
Reply to
greg

Ah, now it's clear. United States spec cars are HD based. "oldman"'s use of the words "boot" and "tyre" must mean he's in the UK...and they don't even drive on the "right" side of the road :-)

But, to answer the original poster's question, even with a CD based system, you would not be able to upgrade to DVD; different generation=incompatible technology/electronics.

Reply to
greg

Ah, now it's clear. United States spec cars are HD based. "oldman"'s use of the words "boot" and "tyre" must mean he's in the UK...and they don't even drive on the "right" side of the road :-)

But, to answer the original poster's question, even with a CD based system, you would not be able to upgrade to DVD; different generation=incompatible technology/electronics.

Reply to
greg

Not glovebox, boot / trunk Also shown in the Nav.manual as cd I have a 2004 cd as well as the origonal 98 cd

Reply to
old man

My 2000 LS has a 6 disc changer for audio CD's above the glove box, AFAIK, the navigation system is HD based.

Reply to
Ray O

No, we drive on the wrong right side of the road, excepting when we leave the pub, then we drive on the right wrong side of the road :)

Reply to
old man