returning lease - tires

Hello.

I have to return an RX300 that's on lease shortly. The car needs new tires. Anyone have any idea if there's a policy for the minimum std on replacement tires. I've found Goodyear Integrity's at a website that are really cheap, and the site claims that they're "Original Equipment" for the RX300.

Reply to
Ranger

It should be in your contract.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen

Your contract should spell out *all* the terms explicitly. If it doesn't, shame on them. Tires are a "normal wear and tear" item. If they don't specify a tread depth, it's not your problem.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

FYI, Discount Tire sells used tires. You can sometimes find your size with the minimum tread depth for a very good price installed (I paid $20 for one installed on my Infiniti lease). The lease usually doesn't care whether it is the same brand or not, just the minimum tread depth. Although, Lexus may be different.

Just out of curiousity, what is your payoff, year, mileage?

Reply to
Tim

My experience was different on two lease returns. The paperwork and the inspector both said that a charge would be made for tires that were not matched by the manufacturer (i.e. 3 Michelins and one Goodyear for example). Steve

Reply to
sf/gf