Runaway 2009 Lexus ES fiery crash kills family of 4

Every Honda I've had since '96 has had hooks to anchor the mats. As I look in the old '91 240SX it does as well (passenger side too).

The problem here has been explained that some moron in the dealership tossed a second layer of mats that were for a different model over the properly anchored ones.

Reply to
E. Meyer

So what's really going on is the terminator story. Only its not robot clones of Arnold S., its self-aware car computers selectively killing us off :)

Reply to
E. Meyer

If one had followed the Audi case they would have discovered the NHTSA ruled the cause was DRIVER error, period.

reminds me of the runaway Audi stories...

in the Audi case the gas/brake pedals were too close together and not aligned with the seat like other cars so drivers were simply stomping on the gas when they thought they were on the brake. (Manual shift Audi drivers loved the pedal placement, of course.)

in this case the fault is said to lie with improper floor matts; not with a driver too dumb to recognize the problem and place his foot under the gas pedal and pull it up to free it from the matt. I had this happen to me years ago in some borrowed car.

My Toyota car has a nice hook to hold it's driver's side floor matt in place. That's more than I can say for my Honda or GM products.

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Thanks for the info. I have never heard of the Hydroboost system before but a web search took care of that right quick. :-)

It seems like a nifty, compact system and from what I've read, provides more linear braking. From the retrofit instructions, it seems pretty easy to install, although there doesn't seem to be provisions for ABS. OTOH, these seem to be mostly retrofitted to trucks.

Reply to
dsi1

My 92 Taurus did, and it worked. I miss it in the other cars I have had since then.

-- aem sends...

Reply to
aemeijers