Rust on LS400?

So how much rust (if any) have you guys on your early lexus's? Just wondering, because here in Canada, they season (meaning salt) the roads quite nicely.. Of course, for you guys who don't live in a place where you have the salt problem, it should last forever.. I want feedback from the upper states, since it's easier to compare to Toronto, Canada.. Thanks..

P.S - things that start to rust because of dings, dents, scratches, etc don't count.. since they weren't part of the original design..

---------- John

Reply to
John

I'm in NH and have a '90 LS400. The only rust that I know of on my car is around the rear license plate, but it's barely visible. I just sand it and touch it up.

1992 LS400. mid-Michigan.

No rust.

Reply to
GRL

Nice.. Basicly, a properly kept car could last 20 years or more (even with a little body work for minor stuff) in the rust belt.. Honestly, it now justifies, say spending $60k usd on a car like this if you drive it for 20 years.. You would definetly get your money's worth..

Reply to
John

Actually, the base price on the 1990 LS400 was $35K. Fully load (with the exception of active suspension), and the sticker was less than $41.5K. Probably one of the best overall deals in automotive history.

Reply to
Jerohm