RX 300: Transmission fix led to check engine lights on

Hi,

I have a 99 RX300, i just had my transmission fixed. The car just stop working - and i have realized that these transmission problems are common in RX300s. But the real problem now is that right after i picked it up from the shop, the check engine lights came on, also the trac off lights come on after few miles - since it was saturday the aamco shop where i had my transmission fixed was closed and i was travelling. when i took it to the aamco shop near my house they said it was some oxygen sensor code. I never had the check engine lights come on at all before. My question is how could fixing the transmission lead to check engine lights on?

I tried to reset it by unplugging the battery, but after i plugged it back in, the lights came on after few miles.

Please help me with whatever you can!!!

Reply to
Bhavik Shah

It is possible that a connection between the transmission and electronic control unit is loose, and that would cause a check engine light to illuminate.

If Aamco shop checked the codes in the computer and an oxygen sensor malfunction is indicated, then it is probably a coincidence that the sensor failed so soon after the transmission repair.

You can clear the code with an OBD II scan tool that you can borrow at some parts stores or you can clear the code by leaving the battery disconnected for at least a couple of minutes. If the computer still detects a fault in the system, then the check engine light will keep coming on until the fault is fixed.

Reply to
Ray O

electronic

disconnected