RX 330 rotors warped

In reading the post on warped rotors Just what prompts a recall? Is nowadays its money first, customers second. Do X amount of people have to get killed ? As Iv had my fill of GM ,Ford and Chrysler (The worst vehicle Iv ever owned) Does Toyota fall in to this category now? We have a RX330 and its been great so far.

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

What post? My LS has just had warped rotors, I assume disks, replaced under warranty

Reply to
old man

Yes, corporations now care about money first. This is a very recent and unprecedented phenomenon.

Reply to
DaveW

And in the case of Japanese corporations - business is war! So there was an interesting, but apparently temporary, pause for rationality in the combat. That was when Lexus actualy appeared to care about the happiness of the customer. Now it is becoming part of the standard thundering herd of corporations - warped rotors? Tough! You must have driven the car through a pool of ice water while the rotors were hot from all your hard braking from high speeds like 60 in the 25 mph zones that you normaly drive in. (What my wife was told, but they just tell me the rough brakes are normal) So it is back to the standard car

- owner relationship. What piece of junk do I buy next? I got tired of the crap from Mercedes and decided to try Lexus. Oops! Well, what next ??? Brand loyalty? Sure ... Hmm - wonder what Santa will bring me for Christmas.

Reply to
mcbrue

Recalls are prompted by a condition that affects a vehicle's safety or emissions compliance.

Warped rotors do not necessarily affect a vehicle's safety, although they tend to be annoying.

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

Reply to
Larry and a Cat named Dub

What year is your RX? There is a TSB for the rotor warping issue for the 2004 RX330, but unfortunately, it only fixed ours for awhile.

Reply to
Anonymous