RX-ES comparison

Wife just bought an 11 ES-350. When I compare it with my 10 RX-350 several things are glaringly apparent:

  1. The ES has a sunglasses holder overhead
  2. The ES has an auxilliary compartment to the left of the steering wheel, and it is useful, as opposed to just a cup holder on the RX that will hold nothing when closed.
  3. The ES has a DC outlet readily available on the console.
  4. The ES doesn't have the stupid bottle holders in the doors, and the ES door compartments don't have the swing out "feature" that causes a full compartment to jam open.
  5. The ES has a full sized spare.
  6. The ES center console compartment can be accessed while driving.
  7. The ES has an elapsed time display.
  8. The ES console layout is far superior to the RX console.

Both do still have the stupid, pretty much useless style pockets on the back of the driver and passenger seats. Both still have the stupid stickers woven into the visor fabric.

In short....the ES designers seem to be more in touch with reality than the RX designers, who must have been smoking something when finalizing the interior design.

Reply to
Wayne