RX300 Cooling System

I have a 2002 RX300 and want to change the coolant. After reading some other posts on the topic it looks like the way to go is to stick with the Toyota coolant. What is the service interval and how should the fluid be changed; drain and refill?; flush with a garden hose?; back flush with Prestone flush & fill kit or equivalent?? I have pretty hard water in my well and I'm thinking the extra minerals in it can't be good for the cooling system. I was thinking of buying a few gallons of distilled water to fill it with. Any help or advice is appreciated.

Alex

Reply to
Alex

I would use the Toyota "Red" coolant and distilled water. My mechanic recommends that.

-d

Alex wrote:

Reply to
dulles

30k or 2 years. Distilled water.
Reply to
Bo Yancey

On Tue, 15 Nov 2005 02:36:04 -0500, Bo Yancey wrote (in article ):

Great. Thanks for the input. Anyone know is a flush manditory or is a drain and refill OK??? I'm just concerned about the hard water. Thanks

Reply to
The Man

Toyota is good but so is any major brand extended coolant. If extended coolant is used it should be changed every 5 years, Maximum, and distilled or deionized water should be used if possible. If the cooling system is correctly maintained there is little need for chemical or power back flushes.

***************** Thank You snipped-for-privacy@msbx.net

A true compassionate liberal anarchist.

To reply to this email please remove the AT after the kgs in the reply to address as shown above.

Reply to
KG