RX300 hatch door problem

Hello all,

My hatch door was kind of stuck the other day and I force pull the door handle and heard a click, now the door handle is loose and a plastic piece which connects the door handle to the open/close lever is broken, I have a small black plastic piece and a rubber washer/ insert in my hand, not sure what part is broken and how to fix it. please help...

Abid

Reply to
Abid Khan

Abid,

Does the black plastic piece look like it is broken? If the piece looks like it is broken, then you will need a replacement for the piece that it broke off of. If the piece that it broke off of is not apparent, then the inner trim panel for the hatch will have to be removed to see which piece is broken. Most likely, it is the handle itself.

Reply to
Ray O

Ray, I am not sure if the plastic piece is broken or just came out of the assembly, I will remove the trim panel this evening to see.. I will post later...

Abid

*********** After you remove any screws holding interior handles or straps in place, use a putty knife to pop the trim away from the metal door frame. If you cover the putty knife with masking tape, it is less likely to scratch or tear the trim piece.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

I was able to get the pull the inside cover out, it has just rivets, I can open the door by pulling the lever inside so I guess I broke the black plastic piece which connects the door handle to the pull lever, I may be able to remove the other inside trim, which is secure by nuts/ bolts, but not sure how and it is raining so I couldn't do much. I kind of think all I need is plastic piece with rubber housing which comes out by the door handle, not sure what is the part # and not sure if I even able to get just that piece or I may have to buy the whole assaembly....

******* Your local Lexus dealer should be able to show you a computer illustration of the part if you can get a look at it on your vehicle.

Good luck!

Reply to
Ray O

It was the door handle, I bought a new one yesterday from Lexus Delaer, the minute I saw the new pat I knew exactly what happen, the door handle has a thick plastic knob which goes through a hole and sit near the pulley which opens the door, my plastic piece was broke, anyway I was able to replace it yesterday and all is good, now I need those plastic clips which hold the door panel, they are all messed up and doesn't fit anymore. I will get those from Lexus today. Ray I truly appreciate your help...

Abid

********* Abid, You are very welcome. I'm glad things worked out!
Reply to
Ray O