RX300 suggestions for new tires for this 4WD

The stock boots are Bridgestone Duelers and are pretty badly at less than

50K km. I'd be interested in a less floaty, firmer sidewall tire that has decent noise and wear characteristics. I'm thinking that larger wheels with lower profile tires are needed on this vehicle but the mags are so nice I just could not replace them.

Another option is firmer shocks. This is the luxury edition of the RX. Anyone know if the sport edition has stiffer suspension. If it does, I may end up getting some new firmer shocks.

Thanks

Reply to
echo

Be careful when replacing your tires. The traction control and vehicle skid control on the RX300 are directly tied to the tires and wheels. Check with your Lexus or Toyota dealer to make sure that whatever tires you select will work with the Vehicle Skid Control and Traction Control. A colleague of mine has Goodyears but overall, she considers them inferior to the Duellers especially in deep snow in which my Duellers are acceptable at best.

Reply to
J Golden

Tires: check

for suggestions. Their survey results and user comments are usually very helpful.

Re. suspension; your RX300 is the SUV version of the Toyota Sienna minivan. Nothing will make it sporty. Accept it for what it is and enjoy the ride. Or buy an Acura RDX. (OK, I'll admit it, KYB struts/ shocks did improve my Sienna's handling but after 150K miles that was to be expected.)

Reply to
ACAR