RX300 "VSC" light illuminated, any suggestions?

The "VSC" light came on steady shortly after the "Check Engine" light illuminated. The vehicle is a 2001 RX300 with 61,000 miles. Manual says take it to the dealer (ouch!). Anyone have any suggestions as to what is wrong or what the problem is with the "Vehicle Skid Control".

Reply to
SaddleWing

I have a 1999 Lexus E-300 and I have experienced the same problem. Took to dealer who found a defective O2 sensor. Dealer also said that if check engine light comes on, for safety reasons, the VSC will also come on. IMO, you don't have a VSC problem !!

Reply to
Mike

I had this with a 2001 RX-300 shortly after replacement of the air filter. Turned out to be a hose came off under the air filter box where it connects into an aluminum fitting. Might save a trip... cheers,

Reply to
Mo, Curly & Larry