RX330 Drivers?

Our family is HIGHLY Considering buying an '04 RX 330. I'd like to get some owner comments, and some of the best features of it.

Many thanks!

Reply to
Cole

It is a nice car or tall station wagon. Very comfortable to drive, enough power for most, fair sound system, good navigation system. The car has many features as options that make it a perfect grocery getter or ok soccer mom automobile. It is not a off roader, it is not a 'sporty' BMW like machine.

It is very over priced.

Reply to
Stuck in Central Florida

I test drove one in Naples last month.

I bought a 470 because-

- didn't like the sound/feel of the V6 at all.

- TERRIBLE/HORRIBLE/ rear cargo room

- Styling seems very feminine, very realtor to me (no offense to women, realtors, or female realtors intended!)

- Handling underwhelmed me

- As it is new, even less negotiating room than usual with Lexus

- If I were to get a car along the 330 lines, I would be happier with an Infiniti 35/45 or X5

- what genius came up with the "BEEP BEEP BEEP- THE HATCHBACK IS OPENING NOW!!!- BEEP BEEP BEEP" idea? STUPID! Toyota should know better, Honda would never do something so inane...

It is a well-appointed car, and probably Lexus-like in terms of reliability. Good fuel economy, all things considered as well.

Just not my cup of tea.

rt "love my 470, AND take it off-road!"

Reply to
rt

Check the forums at clublexus.com. I don't own one but I drive one quite often. If I was in the market for a midsize SUV I'd pick the RX330 over anything else on the market now. The 330 has a more refined ride over that of the BMW or Infiniti offerings, IMO. It has enough power for most, and as with all Lexus vehicles, should prove to be reliable for many years to come.

Reply to
DirkDiggler

Funny, most people who have seen my RX330 think that we paid over $50K for it. It is, however, the best car I have ever owned (as far as reliability, luxury touches, etc.) I include M-B. Had two-pure junk, as in unreliable; BMW, truly a driver's car-a joy to drive, maintenance outrageous, reliability not so great; Volvo, again a reliability problem, but a nice driving car.

Reply to
Steve Malcom

The RX330 is a great car-like SUV with reasonable gas mileage! It rides better than the BMW. Honda makes good cars, but the quality is no wear near Lexus. I call my 03 Honda a rattle box. Its not a good comparison between Infiniti 35 since this is a sedan? The FX45 is down right ugly. The RX330 is the best in its price range and vehicle type. Its quite, roomy, and fun to drive. Its has everything you can imagine in a car now-a-days... Yeah, it is pricey, but buy a Highlander if you don't want to pay the extra money. There is plenty of cargo room, but its not meant to be a large gas hog of a SUV. Your off on the styling too. It sounds like you just don't like the car... The 470 only gets

15 miles per gallon. What a waste of fuel.

-Luds

Reply to
Luds