RX330 Reverse/Tilting Mirrors

I own a 2005 RX330 w/Nav System. I'm not sure if all RX330's or newer Lexus models have this feature but when putting the car in reverse the mirrors tilt down a little so you have a better view of the ground closer to the car. When it's working it's great. I have a problem that just recently started. The right mirror works as it should but the left one barely tilts. If you use the electric mirror adjust it will travel through the full range of motion but the reverse tilt is having a problem. Before taking it to the dealer, is there anything that I can try first?

Thanks

Reply to
KJB

Check the selector switch for your mirror adjustments. I don't remember the details, but the selector switch has three positions - left mirror, center, right mirror. Its position causes the auto-down feature to work differently, I think as outlined below, but I may have some of the details wrong.

Selection set to = mirror down action Left mirror = neither tilt down when reversing Center = one tilts - can't remember if it is driver or passenger side Right mirror = both tilt.

Hope this helps.

Reply to
JCS