RX400h AWD system

Hi,

Is RX400h AWD system is capable as one in RX350: for winter driving? RX400h doesn't seem to have limited-slip differential. Also, what is *real* gas mileage (for RX400h)? Thanks in advance for any info.

Boris

Reply to
boris

Yes, as long as you do not drive in extremely deep snow.

Reply to
Ray O

My RX400h averages about 26mpg in mixed hwy/city driving (metro DC commute into DC).

Reply to
01dyna

Ray, what disadvantage would the 400h have versus the 350 in deep snow? There is only .28 in difference in ground clearance, and VDIM with TRAC act in essence like a limited-slip diff by transferring power to the wheels with more traction. Although the 400h rear electric motor does not put as much total power to the rear wheels as a 350 can, in deep snow at slow speed the front wheels probably have the most traction anyway.

********* In re-reading my response, it was not worded clearly. As far as I know, the 400h does not have a disadvantage versus the 350 in deep snow, but neither is very good in deep snow or in rough off-road conditions because of the relatively low ground clearance and car-type suspension. The same could be said for most, if not all, car-based crossover SUV's. If you intend to drive in very deep snow or in rough off-road conditions, a vehicle like the GX or LX would perform better, with the payoff being less fuel efficiency.
Reply to
Ray O