Same Code Error

Lexus 1999 ES300 128K Miles 4 Speed Overdrive. I have been getting the P0700 code for shift solenoid "E" so I had it replaced by an independent garage. They got the parts from Lexus and the diagram showing which solenoid was "E" also.

It still gives the same error code and I just unhook the battery and reset the computer and the two lights on the dash go out. It seems like the lights for the error come on when I am on a hill and the transmission downshifts or the converter unlocks. Is there something else that is causing this error or any explanation why it still throws the code after the part has been replaced? Remedy?

Bugsy

Reply to
Sluggo

First, see if you can get a refund from the independent garage that did the work. The diagnostic trouble codes ("DTC") for shift solenoid E are P0770 through P0774. Was there more than one DTC stored? A competent technician would test parts before replacing them.

P0700 is "transmission control system malfunction." Since the code is a general error code, I would check the function of the transmission ECU and make sure it is properly connected.

Reply to
Ray O