SC400 Traction Control

Can anyone tell me, on an SC400, what is the difference between ECT on the switch by the gear selector and Traction Control on the switch next to the Heated Seats switches? What is each one supposed to do? Also, on Models built from 1998 on, I don't see any Traction Control switch in photo's even when they have the Heated Seats. Where is the switch on these later models?

Reply to
Ivy

ECT varies the transmission shift points for either better power or better gas milage. Traction control has to do with enabling/disabling the system that prevents wheel spin when starting off on slick surfaces.

I don't have specific information on the SC400, but most Lexus models these days have a switch to control whether the skid control system is enabled or disabled, typically labeled VSC. I believe this also controls the traction control system, or perhaps it is on all the time. In any event, that's the reason for not having a separate traction control switch.

- Mark

Reply to
markjen