SC430

Hi, I have a 2 month old new 2005 SC430 and there is a rattle or noise on the drivers side when I hit any road bumps. Any ideas?? I brought it back to the dealer and they kept it for

4 days and found nothing. Kathy
Reply to
Kathy

You need to go back to the dealer and go for a road test with the service advisor and/technician who is going to work on the car so that you can demonstrate the conditions when the noise occurs and so that they can hear the noise you want them to fix.

Reply to
Ray O

Hi Kathy, I'm considering buying a new '06 SC430 when they come out. Just wondering how you like yours. Good pickup? Quiet, besides the rattle? Do you have the run-flat tires? I understand that they are very noisy and should not get them. Feel the car was worth the money? Thanks in advance.

Ken

Reply to
Ken

Kathy, we had a similar problem a number of years ago with a Chevy Blazer. In and out of the dealership several times, found nothing. It damn near drove my wife nuts. We had about 2500 miles on it when I finally took the new car sales mgr and svc mgr for a ride w/me and demonstrated the rattle to them. Then had the svc mgr drive it over the same route/same bumps so he could maybe get a little better 'fix' on it.

He took in to their body shop and had the body shop mgr get in and go for another ride with us. After 30 mins or so of driving around they disassembled the L. front fender. Lo and behold, there behind the kick panel between some bracing they discovered an empty soda bottle, apparently put there by someone on the assembly line when it was being built.

Not saying this is what your problem is, but it takes the dedication of your sales/service people inside the dealership to solve problems like these. If you can dupe the problem, go back to the dealership and take them for a ride.

Reply to
New Owner

'02 ES300s had a problem, where Styrofoam blocks (apparently use for sound-deadening), that were glued within the doors, came loose and would bounce around inside the door if you hit a bump.

While it's hard to believe Lexus would have such a thing happen again (given their relentless pursuit), well, ya never know ........

Reply to
njbok

Thanks for all the suggestions. Kathy

njbok wrote:

Reply to
Kathy

Reply to
Kathy

I considering a coupe also. One of my colleagues has an SC430, while another has an SL55 AMG. I have driven with both, and I consider the Lexus a "nicer car." Cute and functional. The benz has more power, is bigger, and has more umph!, etc., and my be an overall "better car", but I am not convinced that it justifies the more than double price of the Lex. Has anyone given any thoughts to a comparison of these vehicles?

Thanks

===========BuckShot LeFunk =1998 LS 400

1999 E320 4-Matic

Ken wrote: