security codes

Purchased used LS400 and recently had to change the battery. Now I 'm locked out of the stereo system. Please help. Dealership wants $100 bucks.....that I just don't want to give up if I don't have to. Does any one know the factory codes?

Reply to
luvmylex

I am not sure if this was a factory default or something set by my dealership, but mine was the last 3 digits of the VIN, in reverse. For example for the VIN# is JT8UF11E5L0123456, the security code was set to 654. The security code CAN be reset by the user, so there is no real guarantee WHAT the security code is!! Have you scanned your user manual for any 'cryptic handwritten entries'

Reply to
Jerohm

guarantee

Yes, I have searched everything the previous owner left and just can't find it. Thanks for the help unfortunatley it did not fix my problem.

Reply to
luvmylex

Reply to
gino