slow window, 1992 ES300

The passenger side front window is going up slower and slower. It looks to me like I need to lubricate the thing in the door/ window frame the glass goes up into, what do they call that?

Anyway, is there a preferred lubricant? I was thinking just a little WD40 sprayed in there.

Thanks.

Reply to
RR

Spray silicone works better and lasts longer and will not harm the rubber or vinyl window channels.

Reply to
sf/gf

Good, I already have some. Thanks.

Reply to
RR

I wouldn't use WD40 for this application. (WD40 works great as a fish bait, Rainbow trout love it) Silicone spray would be a better choice.

Reply to
Me

Well I tried silicone and it helped a little bit. What I don't understand is there never was silicone there before, and there isn't any silicone on any other window, and they all work fine. So why does this window need silicone? Is it an indication of something else going wrong?

Reply to
RR

Lubricant would be a stop gap at best. The only things that would cause your problem would be:

1 Dirt in the track. (Maybe something sticky spilled and not cleaned up) 2 Window motor failing. (In my experience, the usually fail without warning) 3 Worn parts in the window tracks or track mechanism. 4 Wir>
Reply to
Me