Starter problem? LS-400

We have a Lexus LS-400 with 230K miles. It was running fine and then it just wont start. Not starter sounds. The battery is fine. We even put a jumper on it and no change. We also checked all the fuses and found no problems. Is this sound like a commom problem that I might fix? thanks for any tips

Reply to
John Smith

You will need a volt meter to diagnose the no-start condition. Check for voltage going to the starter when cranking. You didn't mention the model year, but the starter is probably under the intake manifold between the cylinder banks, making it a huge pain to work on.

Reply to
Ray O