Steering wheel auto-tilt away

Last week the auto-tilt away on my '99 GS 400 started acting up. When I put the key in, it wouldn't come down. After about a day it was fine, so I chalked it up to it being cold that morning. Then it began acting up again last night. Does anyone know what might cause this? Is the tilt-telescopic motor going bad, and if so, how much does it cost to get it replaced? Thanks.

Reply to
Kevin