Swaybar loose

Hi,

I had recently brought my RX330 for routine maintenance, they told me everything was ok except it needed new brakepads. I told them to go ahead & replace them. During this repair, they had found that the swaybar had come completely loose (they said the car should have been making lots of sounds when it was driven - but was not)

I had brought the car to the Lexus Dealership & I know that I pay much more than I should be for these routine maintenance checkups. I want to know how hard is it to detect a loose swaybar (I have never heard of a swaybar before)? Should they have seen it with a simple visual inspection, but didn't do a thorough job.

Appreciate any thoughts about this.

Reply to
jheyun

Swaybars do not need routine maintenance and so a loose one would only be caught if a technician checked the tightness of every nut and bolt under the vehicle or if the swaybar bracket was hanging off.

Reply to
Ray O

Thanks for the info. It was covered under the warranty. They said the sway bar was completely loose i.e. hanging free - not just a loose nut . Wondering would it be hard to detect something like that?

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Reply to
jheyun