The ES Trans in NEW?

Got an email regarding the new ES300 from Lexus today, and they describe the "new" ES trans:

"So the new ES 330 has a new 3.3-liter engine that propels the ES from zero to 60 in just 7.2 seconds [1]. Coupled with the new five-speed automatic transmission--which features wider gear ratios and better hydraulic pressure for better acceleration, gas mileage and smoother, more responsive shifts--"

I didn't realize the trans was a NEW 5-speed. I thought it just had different programmed shift points.

(I wish they'd offer to replace my '02 trans.....) :)

Reply to
njbok