Timer to turn off interior lights

I've had it. I awoke this morning to a dead battery in my LS 400 because of a door left ajar. This happens about once a year or so. Is there any way to install a timer to turn off the interior and other accessory lights after some period of time, like 20-30 minutes? Can my Lexus dealership install such a device?

Reply to
Catch 23

Jesus. My Honda Odyssey even turns off the interior lights after 5 minutes of a door being ajar. But the Lexus LS doesn't?????

This can be done. Find a car stereo shop.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Well, at least mine doesn't. It is 10 years old. Maybe the newer models are better.

I'd never have thought of that. Thanks.

Reply to
Catch 23

Mine is an 02, 9 years old this September.

The EX models did this; the LX did not.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Lexus does not do things like that. It is not a luxury car. My 06 Ultra package does not have passanger memory settings on the power seats while Neons had them for 10 years or so as I understand it. My kudzu burner does have auto-close doors so it does not leave one open. But of course the trunk is a joke with the close package. Yes, I know they did make a real trunk open/close with the power package for 2010. But I could go on for about 5 full pages of what they did not clear up. Anyway, the answer to your problem is simple - close the doors when you get out! Or get the auto door closers put on. Or buy a truly impressive car like a Neon.

Reply to
mcbrue

You're right. Dodge built for quality in Mexico.

The Neon was a car everyone looks back on as a piece of fine automotive mexican machinery.

Reply to
Jordo Munsee