Tire noise

2003 GS 300. I have 8500 miles on this car and have Michelin Pilot tires (the summer tire, not the all season tires). I have noticed a lot of tire noise recently, although this car was very quiet when new.

Has anyone else had this problem with tire noise. I have rotated the tires once, at 5k miles. If I rotate them again, would this reduce the tire noise, or should I just learn to live with it?

Thanks, SF

Reply to
sf/gf

Inspect the outer tread blocks of the tire to see if you have any feathering, ie, the edges of the outer tread blocks wearing unevenly so that one side of the block is higher than the other.

If so, a four wheel alignment may help, but once the tires begin wearing this way, the noise is not likely to go away.

Reply to
Greg Suzuki

I have a 2001 GS430. The original tires caused vibration, and the dealer replaced them with Pilots. A very smooth ride, but a distinct humming noise at high speed. I phoned Michelin, and they said that shouldn't occur. I haven't done anything about it. For 6 months of the year, I use Blizzaks, which are very smooth and quiet.

Reply to
canadalexus