Tire Question GS

My GS Originally came with 215/60/16s and I bought 17X8 Lexus wheels for summer... In order to maintain the same diameter, the closest tire is 215-

55-17... Does anyone know if that width tire would look normal or be too thin? Thoughts?

Thanks

Reply to
Ben

The optional 17" wheels on the GS come with 235/45/17. You may want to try that instead.

Reply to
Viperkiller

Reply to
<djmcreynolds1

Your new tires are only .587% taller for overall diameter - this is a "plus one" increase. Your rubber will look .43 inches shorter. If you r speedo says 65mph you would really be going 65.38 mph

This is all based on the mathematics, but rarely do manufactures stick to exacting numbers, so your combo might be a little taller, a little shorter or dead on.

Looks-wise, only you will notice it Enjoy

Reply to
D'Schu