Toyota Reported Lexus Division August Sales Down 9.1%

Now why does Toyota need a Lexus division? "Toyota LS 460" would be just as good as "Lexus LS 460". No?

September 3, 2008 - Torrance, CA - Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc., today reported August sales of 211,533 vehicles, a decrease of

9.4 percent from last August, on a daily selling rate basis.

The Toyota Division posted August sales of 182,252 units, a decrease of 9.4 percent from last August. The Lexus Division reported August sales of 29,281 units, a decrease of 9.1 percent from the year-ago month.

Reply to
johngdole

No point in discussing this with Long Dong -- he thinks he's really smart 'cause he knows how to copy information from a web site and post it without any context on a newsgroup. If he actually presented data in a meaningful way (rather than just posting random sound bites that don't mean anything), it wouldn't help his "case". Of course, I have no idea why he has a "case", but perhaps the fact that his parents are brother and sister might have something to do with it?

Following this twisted logic, now why does Daimler AG need a Mercedes division? "SMART S-class" would be just as good as "Mercedes S-class". Yes?

Mercedes Benz Sales Drop 11.8% In August - SMART Sales Remain Strong Daimler AG today reported sales for the Mercedes-Benz Cars division (Mercedes-Benz and smart combined) of 20,927 units in the US for August 2008. All sales figures in this release are on an unadjusted basis unless otherwise noted.

Mercedes-Benz USA reported August sales of 18,507 new vehicles, bringing the year-to-date total to 158,519, a .5 percent increase over

2007 year-to-date sales

Lexus sales would have to fall far indeed - from 29,281 to 18,507 - to reach Mercedes levels...

Reply to
GIga

Well children (in my best Mr Rogers voice) ... do we see glGa here again? And do we see glGa worried about somebody's case?? Now children, we all know that some people have cases and some don't. Do we think that glGa has a BIG case? With a really BIG file somewhere? And where do we think that case file could be, children? Could it be in a mental hospital? So children, this is what we need to remember - if someone is worried about their own life, they will project it onto others. Just like glGa is worrying about the non-existent case that the softspoken, kind, polite, and gentle johngd... does not have. And now children, watch to see what the infamous glGa has to say next. What do we think it will be?

Reply to
mcbrue