Toyota's troubles

So, I hear on the news that TM will be fined ~16.4M for its latency (aka delays) in identifying/correcting the recent problems reported.

And, who receives this ~16.4M penalty? Why, the US government, of course. Why should this penalty be paid to the USG? What dam- ages have been suffered by the USG?

I also heard that TM's payment of this penalty would circumvent any further civil tort filings. But, that can't be true.

It seems that the ~16.4M penalty would be much better utilized if distributed to the damaged owner class.

Disclaimer: I would not consider Lexus ownership as part of this damaged pwner class.

Reply to
anonymous

It comes to $2 per Camry.

Reply to