Trac Off + Check Engine warning at start

I have an LS400 that lights up Trac Off +Check Engine at start of engine.

5 minutes after warm-up it would disappear. Does anybody have a way of checking the code(s) the computer gives off? The manual describes the diagnostic procedure (that involves putting jumpers at specific places in the fusebox) but also says for California cars only. Sigh.

Thanks a million.

Reply to
TopSurfer

I got this light when someone checked my air filter and pulled one of the lower hoses off. You might look at all the hoses below your air filter. cheers, Mo

Reply to
Moe Curly & Larry

months! My problem was at cruising speed (usually) I would either accel or decel slightly and the 2 lights would trip. Read my post 12\28.

Need some details. I have a 91 LS400 and I have the manual. I can at least give you info on how to retrieve the code and that would give you a starting point. If I was gonna guess on this one, I'd say you are going to end up with either a connector problem, loose, or just not connected by error, or an O2 sensor or O2 heater. Hard to tell, a lot of things happen on startup! VSV valve, Cold start Injector, on and on. Let me know the year of your car, suspension, TRAC? I'll do what I can for ya. After you retrieve initial code, look for the junction box (Fuses and relays) near front on drivers side, underhood, it has 2 screws holding down the cover. Open that up and find the EFI fuse (20 amp). Pull that fuse and wait 20 seconds min. and replace it. This will clear the trouble codes. I'll give you more info when you reply, like how to retrieve the codes.

Brian snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com (are you in Ca.?)

Reply to
B.Burns

Hey there Brian, Mine is an LS400 1991. It doesn't have the "LS400" letters, they didn't put those letters up until a 93 model or so?

Reply to
TopSurfer