used luggage covers for RX 330

I bought a used 2005 RX 330 but it did not come with the luggage cover. I would like to find a used one (if feasible) from maybe a salvage yard, etc... vs having to buy one directly from LEXUS for $500-$600. Anyone have an idea of how get one that is used, etc... Thanks.

Reply to
newlexus owner - RX330 '05

Have you tried calling a salvage yard? How about e-Bay?

Reply to
Ray O

Reply to
newlexus owner - RX330 '05

I am assuming that you have included other model years besides 2005, but if you have not, you may want to try that.

Or...

There are neighborhoods in Chicago (and I assume other large cities as well) where you can ask young entrepeneurs standing on street corners to "find" auto parts for you. These entrepeneurs will be dressed in cutting edge fashions, like baggy pants, baseball cap worn sideways, expensive Felony Fliers shoes, and plenty of gold accessories. Tell them what color and part you want, and for a pre-paid "finder's fee," they will assure you that they will have the part in hand when you meet them back on the street corner in an hour or so. To keep overhead low, these entrepeneurs generally only accept cash so you may want to leave all credit cards and checkbooks at home, and so you do not get lonely, you may wish to have someone accompany you on the ride.

Also, you do not want to drive your Lexus down to negotiate with the parts finders because you don't want them to know that it is you who the part is for. Always say it is for your mother-in-law or boss, and borrow their car to cruise those neighborhoods so that the parts finder doesn't know who the part is for.

Good luck negotiating!

Reply to
Ray O