Watch out for CARMAX

The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. If you've had similar problems please contact me... I purchased a Jaguar XKR from CARMAX's Davie Store on 5/19/07. At which time I noticed several problems with the car that needed to be fixed. I reported the issues and left the car with them for repair. When I picked up the car I noticed that most of my issues were not addressed. While waiting for parts to arrive for the second round of repairs, I took the car home for a few days. I found numerous other repair issues. I found 12 warrantee issues. When I brought the car back I gave the Service Manager, Sammy Warnamally a printed list, and copies of CARMAX's certification form showing why these items were covered. I brought my car in on 6/1/07. When I got my car back 14 DAYS later discovered 1) stereo wasn't fixed, 2) second set of keys and valet key were not in yet, 3) convertible cover was not ordered, 4) trim around the door handle wasn't addressed 5) visor wasn't replaced "because Jaguar sent them the wrong part." 6) now the rear view mirror is loose as if the car suffered a heavy impact or was driven a long distance down a dirt road. Caked on white mud is on the inside door panels. For 2 weeks I have been strung along by the service manager. When I asked to pick up my car until the parts arrived, I was repeatedly told the seats were taken apart and awaiting a headrest motor from Jaguar so I could not pick it up. Jaguar Parts Department told me their delivery takes a week at most and parts can be overnighted for a nominal cost of $6 per item. I was lied to that my car was ready except for the headrest motors. I was also lied to about the extra set of keys being there. Despite involvement of Operations Manager Adam Warner and General Manager Theresa, my vehicle is still not fixed. I have lost many hours work, suffered grief, and have had to pay $606 payment for a car I was only able to drive a few days. I am releasing this to the Media, posting my story on Internet consumer protection websites, forums and newsgroups to get together a class action lawsuit. I am registering a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and State Attorney's Office, as I suspect foul play. As it is impossible to trust CARMAX, I want all further repairs to be done at Alpine Jaguar. I want Jaguar to inspect the car for accident/abuse damage. Compensation for my monthly payment to Capital One for $606. My lost time and wages estimated at 6 hours at $150 an hour. Grief and punitive damages will be addressed in another arena.

Stephen Horrillo snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Reply to
Stephen Horrillo

Instead of spamming a Lexus ng, try alt.autos.jaguar.

Reply to
Ray O

.............. The following is from a complaint I just register with the BBB. etc, etc.....

Why spam us proper car people with this?? ........... If you lived in the home country of the car you have purchased you would know NEVER to buy this 'brand' due to the poor track record it has

Reply to
Brian Jackson

by 'home' I meant the origin of the marque ...... the UK ........... but remember your driving a Ford now!

Reply to
Brian Jackson

Instead of quoting full and replying with one line, go away.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Sounds like great advice ShagMoron. Why don't you take it?

Reply to
GIga

On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:42:07 -0400, "stu" graced this newsgroup with:

..uh..you say that like it's a *bad* thing?

Besides, Jag's quality has gone UP to "shitty" since Ford bought it. I had a pre-Ford Jag. You think there's problems now.....you have no idea what "bad" really is.

Reply to
Max

Go to dictionary.com and look up "sarcasm".

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Reply to
stu

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:57:31 -0400, "stu" graced this newsgroup with:

really?

Of ALL of the manufacturers listed, the ONLY two manufacturers that got a full 5 rating were Lexus and Porsche.

since you seem to have problems reading your own references, let me help you:

but then again JDPowers ratings for 07 models aren't based on customer satisfaction but merely initial quality. Consequently, fit and finish as well as mechanical reliability won't be determined until next year (for 07 models). That's where the quality ratings actually make more sense for the consumer.

And, that's where you see satisfaction ratings plummet for many non-Japanese vehicles.

Reply to
Max

I agree with the original lister. His point about Carmax should be viewed as a general point. Jags can be good cars. Lexus can have bad cars. The point is the poor service from Carmax.

Rob

Reply to
eddie

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 12:49:27 -0500, "eddie" graced this newsgroup with:

..and..more on point, the OP was complaining about a *specific* CARMAX. It sounds more of a bad management problem there than some kind of corporate policy.

Reply to
Max

The odds of which are very low.

The odds of which are very low.

If it's your $70,000, where do you place your bet?

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Where do I put my $70 grand?

Not on this news group. If this was my only source I wouldn't by a Lexus or a Jag, or a Ford or ..........

Reply to
eddie

On Mon, 18 Jun 2007 17:53:50 -0400, "stu" graced this newsgroup with:

...I can't count how many times JD Powers rated a vehicle high without ever putting a single mile on it. You'd think by now they'd know better than even mentioning an Audi.

And come on..a glorified Zephyr? You're kidding me right?

Check back this time next year and see how they rate the same cars.

Reply to
Max