What's the BEST vehicle you have even owned?

My best ever is my current 1998 ES300 with 107M. Bought it new. Never had a major problem, and only one minor one. At 102M, my Toyota mechanic said I needed new brakes, even though I had no symptoms of problems. Still using original battery and spark plugs. Regular changes of fluids and filters. Runs like new.

Do you think I'd be as happy if I replaced it with an '05 ES330? Is the new ES even better?

Bob

Reply to
BushkaBob

Yeah, I had a '97 ES300. That car never had a problem. It was starting to have the problems that all cars that age have, so I bought a new '04 ES 330. I like it a lot. The tranny does have a bit of hesitation and jerkiness, but as I've discussed here before, I've gotten used to it. I noticed that the new issue of Consumer Reports doesn't give the ES 330 the highest reliability rating. I thought that was strange because I can't imagine a car that has a better reliability record than the ES. The ES had the highest rating in every category except body integrity and transmission. I suspect that the ding in the transmission category was due to the hesitation issue rather than actual break downs.

But my favorite car was my '87 Acura Legend Coupe. That car was just really fun to drive. I've yet to find another car like it since.

The '97-'98 ES was best in class. The new ES has a lot more competition. I chose it over the competition, but it was a closer call this time than in 1997. The '05 has more gadgets than the '04, but I don't think that the ES is up to the competition in some ways.

I think the bottom line is, if your happy with the tranny, you'll be happy with the ES. The old tranny was fine. If they offered it as an option I'd take it. And I think many, if not most, would, too.

Reply to
David Z

I've had three Lexus automobiles ('95 SC400, '98 SC400, '05 RX330) that I have really liked, but I have to agree with David Z. I had an '88 Acura Legend Coupe with a 5-speed that has to be my favorite car.

David

Reply to
David

My favorite car was my 1966 Malibu SS, 4 on the floor. That was a great car!! :)

Reply to
smk_drifter

I own two Toyotas now, but the best car I ever owned was a 93 Jeep Wrangler. I put over 150k on that bad boy utill I rolled it from a side of a mountain. The thing saved my stupid ass. It was easy to work on (mostly mods - no mechanical problems) and very reliable. I am happy with my 4runner, but I miss the Jeep!

Reply to
Dan J.S.

By far my 1996 Infiniti G20t. I had 110,000 miles on it when I sold it and aside from replacing the tires and the battery, I NEVER had any other problems with it.. not even a wheel alignment.

I replaced it with a Lexus RX300. It's been OK but nowhere near as reliable.

Reply to
J Golden

For me it is the 1995 BMW 525. Keeps on going is still fun to drive.

Reply to
CFL

Reply to
T-WILL

#2 1987 Nissan Maxima. Totalled in SF Bay flooding with 230K miles. Would have kept it at least another 100K if it hadn't been ruined by the salt water.

#1 1992 Lexus ES300. Bought it with 163K for chump change when it was still absolutely immaculate, but with high mileage. Just went over

375K. Shooting for 500K before doing any major engine repairs.
Reply to
RR

After having my 94 ES for a little over a year and right around 25K miles (it's at 147K right now), I've decided that probably the best car is an ES with high miles that someone else thinks is "worn out". It's not.

And the best place to find one is someplace like Washington DC area or maybe the SF bay area, where there's a ton of money floating around and there are plenty of these cars to pick from, all at low, low prices.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty
1941 Olds Straight 8 slantback.
Reply to