Where to change oil more economically (IS350)?

Every time I tried to use discount coupon for oil change I have been told that oil filter for IS350 is special order and therefore there is no discount and I even have to pay extra. This happened to me last time in AutoNation in BayArea.

So I usually end up going to some expensive place like JiffyLube (~ $35).

Do you find more reasonable prices anywhere?

Reply to
Visa Inquirer

What is the Toyota part number for the oil filter? Check with you local Lexus or Toyota dealer, stock up on the filters, and take them to the oil change place when it is time to change the oil.

Reply to
Ray O

By way of curiosity, how much do the oil filters cost for the I class? I suspect their cost is closer to $50 than to $10, so it is possible that buying them from Lexas and then taking them out will raise the cost higher than just doing it in the Lexus garage. Of course it costs about $150 to change the oil in my LS430, so ....

Reply to
mcbrue

OEM Oil Filter Element Kit

Price

$5.41

04152-YZZA5

From Swell Lexus on line. Stock up.

Reply to
CFL

Along with the entire rest of the world, who also consider a Lexus to be a luxury car.

What do you drive, john?

Reply to
DaveW

Obviously the rest of the world has never driven a Lexus, or if they have, they have never driven a real Luxury car.

Reply to
mcbrue

How would you know?

Reply to
GIga

(((((((((GLGA!!!!))))))))) u r bak!!!!! WHEEEEEE !!!!! Let the party begin. Bashing for all !!!!!

Reply to
mcbrue