Who owns a IS300? Question about tires

Ok, I have a 2002 IS300. The tires are: 215/45-17, but the problem is they have sport racing tires from California. (Bridgestone Potenza RE040 - good tires by the way, I like them)

I live in NYC, so that means the tires are worthless in the snow.

What tires should I replace these with? Considering I will be driving them all year round, in all 4 seasons...well maybe not in a blizzard, but will be if there is some snow on the ground.

I just found out that discount tire direct is having an internet sale (save $100 on 4) but I have heard rumors that they also jacked up the price before the sale. I also noticed that they do not have Bridgestone tires there.

Thanks

-Tony

Reply to
tforms1

Go to

and check out the reviews of various tires. You basically have 3 options:

1) Keep the tires you have and get a set of snow tires for the winter. I liked the Bridgestone snow tires. 2) Get a set of all-season tires, which are not quite as good as snow tires in the snow; 3) Get a set of all-season tires and a set of snow tires.
Reply to
Ray O

I was hoping to get some real world experience from people who got tires for the IS300.

I am not using the car often enough to justify two sets of tires, so I am planning on option 2.

Thanks

Reply to
tforms1

snip

The Tire Rack ratings and reviews will provide that input. YOU get to decide how important snow traction, and other performance parameters, are to you. If you plan to drive to Vermont to ski this winter your tire choice is gonna reflect that requirement. If you avoid the snow but like to drive aggressively on 2-lane roads, that's gonna be a different tire than a standard all season radial. Follow Ray's advice and read the Tire Rack reviews.

Happy Motoring

Reply to
ACAR

My wife has a 2002 Sportcross and we put on Bridgestone Potenza G009 tires from Tire Rack, $540. They are all-season and I feel they are better than the RE040. We got

40,000 miles (rear), 12,000 miles (front, had poor alignment) on the original RE040 tires. From everything I've read, the IS300 needs all the help it can get to run in light snow so you may want to get real snow tires for the winter. Tire Rack link:
| Ok, I have a 2002 IS300. | The tires are: 215/45-17, but the problem is they have sport racing | tires from California. (Bridgestone Potenza RE040 - good tires by the | way, I like them) | | I live in NYC, so that means the tires are worthless in the snow. | | What tires should I replace these with? | Considering I will be driving them all year round, in all 4 | seasons...well maybe not in a blizzard, but will be if there is some | snow on the ground. | | I just found out that discount tire direct is having an internet sale | (save $100 on 4) but I have heard rumors that they also jacked up the | price before the sale. | I also noticed that they do not have Bridgestone tires there. | | Thanks | -Tony |
Reply to
John