window regulator

I have a 1992 sc400 and I have everything removed but the glass bolted to the regulator.The bolt head on the bolt does not stick up very high and is hard to get a wrench to turn it. Do I need a special tool to take this off?

Reply to
mge

I too, have a 92 SC400 and am currently repairing my window regulator. No, you do not need a special tool to remove the fasteners that hold the window glass. Use a 14mm open end wrench. The part you cannot see (the bolt head) is square not hex. I used one hand to hold the wrench on the bolt and the other to turn the wrench. After removing the bracket attatched to the glass, I placed duct tape on the outside of the window and taped the window in its full 'up' position and secured the tape to the door frame. Anyway, I will give complete instructions, if you would like. Also, you may find forums that discuss a "cheap repair" for the broken plastic housing (that always breaks)using epoxy. I tried that repair and had very short term success. There is a web site offering repair of the regulator for $55,

but I was not sure what toexpect from a "rebuild" so I bought a new one from the dealer for$145.00, ouch.

Reply to
plazz
2002 Ford Explorer has about 45,000 miles on it and will not shift. It has a sealed trans with no dip stick would changing the fluid help?
Reply to
mge

I'm sure your Lexus dealer would love to hear from you. Ask if there are any recalls.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

which model lexus does that relate to? :P

Reply to
MudPuppy76

Ford must have dropped the Eddie Bauer edition Explorer and replaced it with the 'Lexus' edition. :-)

R.M.

Reply to
R.M.

This is Turtle.

No Eddie bought a Lexus and Ford Fired his ass.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE

This is Turtle.

When a Ford Transmission slips it is most of the time low on fluid. I had a Ford truck and everytime the transmission would start slipping. I added a qt. and drove on with it not slipping anymore. At a 1.5 Qt. low it will start to slip.

TURTLE

Reply to
TURTLE