Windshield Replacement Cost

My Lexus es330 has a cracked windshield from road stones. Does anyone know approximately how much it costs to have the windshield replaced?

Thanks, Harry

Reply to
Harry Gerapetritis

Depends what country, and what location, and who you ask for a quote. I'd have thought a simple flick through yellow pages and a phone call(s) would have answered your Q

Reply to
old man

Have you tried your insurance carrier? Most of them have glass repair/replacement programs.

Reply to
Road Rage

You're a fool to put in a $200 claim.

Insurance companies don't want you to do that, and will use that as an excuse to dump you.

Insurance is for catastrophic loss, not the sniffles. Pay the $200 out of pocket and move on. Shit happens.

Reply to
Elmo P. Shagnasty

Depends what Country, over here claiming on the windshield doesnt effect your policy, nor are you limited to the number of claims within a year - I've previously had three in a year

Reply to
old man

I had to replace a windshield in my 02 IS300 when it was hit by a rock on the highway. It turned out to be a big deal, since Lexus actually rivets the windshield supports in place in the IS in order to stiffen the body!

Reply to
Mark Klebanoff

"Elmo P. Shagnasty" quipped:

then you need to change carriers. I've replaced windshields on three cars and the rate never changed and it was covered in a zero deductible comprehensive portion of the policy.

Reply to
amstaffs

Reply to
bluto

"bluto" quipped:

sage advice. However, it's always a good idea to fully read and understand your insurance policy. If it's covered under comprehensive and your deductible is either low or zero, it's a better idea to just have the insurance company pay for it IMHO.

In the metro DC area, it's VERY common to have rock chips in your windshield due to the never ending construction around here. The difference between having a zero deductible and $500 deductible on the comprehensive portion of my insurance policy is less than $50 a year.

Reply to
amstaffs

Where do you live? Here in good old Boston, glass replacement is free. No deductible. No rate bumps. No nothin'. Just plain old free, no matter who your insurance carrier is. Perhaps you should consider moving here?

Reply to
Giga

Hi,

I found out South Carolina requires auto insurers to replace glass for free too! No deductible, no rate bumps, no nothin' either! So, I guess I don't have to move, unless it is to have better sports teams.

Harry

Reply to
Harry Gerapetritis