Wiper Arm Replacement

This seems crazy, but I can't get the specs on replacement wiper blades for my 2003 ES 300. Anybody know the sizes? Thanks.

Reply to
MRS

You can get the info at any auto parts store, they have a book with the correct sizes. Hope this helps.

Reply to
ESmith

Go to the Lexus parts counter. The reason I say this is:

  1. They will fit.
  2. There won't be any adapter required.
  3. If you haven't already replaced the metal things that hold the rubber with some aftermarket stuff, all you need to do is replace the rubber. Much cheaper than replacing the entire thing. Sorry I can't remember what they're called.

RR

Reply to
RR

All you need is the refills. There's no reason to replace the arms, and considering some of the crappy plastic arms out there, you might not be happy with the results if you did.

I would get them at a Lexus dealer, rather than a typical auto parts store. They'll give you exactly what you need. When I last did it, they cost me appx $16 ea.

Yeah, I know, that sounds pricey, but the results were excellent (and besides, my wife would have spent that much in a slot machine in AC in the first 10 minutes!)

It was quick and easy. A perfect fit. And no more streaks......

Reply to
njbok

Don't they replace them during the regular services? Mercedes does.

Reply to
MCBRUE

Does the expression "getting serviced by your Mercedes dealer" have any other meaning to you?

You're gonna pay for 'em... one way or another.

Reply to
Cary Scheck

What do you mean by "regular services"? Do you mean when I get oil changes, or do you mean the 50k, 90k, etc ($600-1500) services?

The only thing I ever received for "free" in the parts column has been windshield washer fluid so far..........

(Actually, though, I've never really felt cheated by the dealer that does my service. I'm happy with them so far. OTOH, I've almost always felt cheated by the dealer service departments of other brands I've had in the past. I've never felt this Lexus dealer has tried to push unnecessary service or parts on me. Everything seems somewhat overpriced, I guess, but it's been my decision to have my service done there, so I'm not complaining.)

Reply to
njbok