XM radio

Thinking about adding an XM radio to our RX350.

We currently have the standard Lexus radio that came with the vehicle. It does say 'SAT' on the AM button.

What is involved in adding XM to this radio? About how much would it cost?

Thanks

2007 RX350 14000 miles
Reply to
trailer

You'd better wait because of the XM/Sirius merger. Both have said that the respective specific receivers (those designed solely for XM reception or Sirius reception) will no longer work. Unless they offer some sort of trade in toward the new receiver, anyone with the old ones is screwed. Both have yet to work out the subscription rates for the various packages which will be offered.

Check their websites to see what they say about the old/new receivers.

Reply to
Mike Piacente

To quote the FAQ from xmradio.com: "You'll be able to use the exact same radio you are listening to now, after the merger takes place and for the life of the radio."

There are two choices for you which work directly through your audio system: a factory kit and and the soundlinq aftermarket kit. Either would work fine, but I'd check with your local Lexus dealer for a price quote as I'm sure it varies by region. Plan on spending around $700+, though.

OK, hopefully that will still hold true. What I heard came from a local news radio station that did a report on the merger and the on-air guy asked the reporter if the current receivers would would after the merger and the reporter said both Sirius and XM said they would not.

Reply to
Mike Piacente

$700!!!

That's pretty steep. Then you pay $13/mo subscription.