02 Fiat Doblo 1.9 JTD ELX - Cambelt Interval?

Can anyone tell me when the cambelt is due on a 2002 Fiat Doblo 1.9 JTD ELX? Parkers says it's a 100bhp model. Also, what kinda price should I expect the belt change to cost - and what parts aside from the belt are required/recommended, such as tensioners, rollers, waterpump etc?

I'd be very grateful if anyone knew for sure as, I'd look in the manual but it's a second hand car we're looking at because it has a wheelchair ramp conversion already done, so I don't have access to the manual yet. I could ring him to check the book for me on Monday, but we're looking at another as well, so it may well be a factor in which we choose, if it has a grands worth of belt change to do once we got it home or something.

It's done 35k miles now and is about 6 years old - my first thought was that it could be over the interval if it was 5 years, cos that seems quite common, but having had my Google mojo completely fail me, I throw myself open to the group!

Reply to
DanB

35k. Should take 2 hours to replace the belt, so you're looking at around £60 labour from most independents.

I've got a 53 plater..

Reply to
Pete M

Arghh, just spotted the "JTD" bit... 2.2 hours in the book so slightly more.

Fiat recommend Check and replacement if necessary every 36000 miles and replacement every 72000 miles or 5 years.

Reply to
Pete M

Cheers Pete :-) Mum hasn't decided if she wants it yet, mainly because, I dunno if I'll really be up to it. So, we'll see. It up for £3,990 by the way, as I say, 2002 02, 35k miles, 1.9 JTD ELX Doblo, with all the windows and stuff (I think there is a van version too?) and the disabled ramp conversion in the back. Mum said it was in good nick, and drove well. The conversion in the back cost £6k as well, and it seems to be the only suitable available I can find.

Whatcha think to the price? He's offered us £2k for our Arosa, 1.0 S, 03 plate, 50k, due a service and only partial history, and needs £100 worth of exhaust. It's in nice nick when it's cleaned up though - which it never is cos it carries Abby (18month old Golden Retriever) to the beach and back most days hehe.

Any thoughts? It's due a service, and he's agreed to throw that in, and it has 10 months MOT. We haven't asked about the cambelt yet though, because I didn't know if it needed it till now!

Cheers :-)

Reply to
DanB

It'll do the job. Mine's a van. Not quick, but it's a van...

Doblo is more useful than the Arosa to you.

Tell him to throw a belt at it, give it a service and take the thing. They aren't bad vans, and well, you need to get about.

Nay worries. Had any pizza yet?

Reply to
Pete M

If it's in good nick then that's not bad. At the end of the day the conversion kit isn't cheap & as you really need it you're onto a bit of a winner.

Reply to
Duncan Wood