1.8D endura problem

HI,

I have a probelm with my T reg Fiesta 35 van, which has the 1.8D Endura engine. Back in january I didn't use it because of the snow for about a week and when I tried to start it it wouldn't start. The mechanic said this was caused because the van was on a slight slope and the diesel had drained back over the week so it had to be pumped up and bled. Since then I have parked it facing down the slight slope just because that is the way it points after the quickest way to drive home.

Yesterday evening I drove back late and because the water company were doing some late night work I had to go around them and ended up parking the way I had in january. Went out this morning and van wouldn't start even jumping from a spare battery and another car.

Phoned mechanic and he thinks the diesel has drained back again.

Both times it had 3/4 to full tank.

This seems odd to me. Is there a known fault with this engine that causes this and can it be fixed, or is it just a coincidence?

thanks

ST

Reply to
st

In message , st writes

It sounds like the diaphragm in the primer/filter assembly is split. Try parking it nose up again overnight but before starting it in the morning, give the primer plunger a good few pumps. If it starts then the primer is leaking.

You can get them on ebay but don't buy a used one as its likely to be knackered too. It is a common problem on this engine.

Reply to
Paul Giverin

Its possible you have a slight airleak in your fuel system or one of the bleed off points needs nipping up .

Reply to
steve robinson

there isn't a primer on the filter, should it have one?

thanks

ST

Reply to
st

Some of the ford desiel filter assemblies didnt have a primer button , my focus doesnt and i cant remember my old transit having one either

Reply to
steve robinson

found a plastic non return valve in the line from the filter that wasn't working. replaced it, bled the system and now working fine.

ST

Reply to
st