1989 Polo rear washer

Hi, I have an 89 Coupe' S 2 Door hatch (well 3 doors with the hatch) the rear washer has stopped working, has been fine. The wiper still works and I reckon I can hear the pump. Any thoughts on where to look first please? Possible clue, I have been using the sunroof in this warm weather recently.

Ta

J A Sims

Why should opening the sunroof stop the screenwash working?

Is there any water in the bottle?

Is it fine to the front? I would clean the bottle and check the hose for blockages. Also clean any filters.

Is the nozzle blocked? Is anything coming out? Try clearing it with a pin.

Is the inside of the car getting wet? There could be a break in the pipe somewhere.

Reply to
Alan

The message from snipped-for-privacy@bath.ac.uk (J A Sims) contains these words:

Commonly the pipe breaks where it passes across the hinge to get to the tailgate.

Reply to
Guy King

Thanks to all for the ideas, I will look at the suggested areas.

J Sims

Reply to
J A Sims