1990 Renault Master parts

Anyone know where I can buy a steering rack gaiter & a top suspension rubber for a Master van?

Tried everywhere locally with no joy.

R. Glover

Reply to
Rubber Glover

Rubber Glover ( snipped-for-privacy@glover.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

GSF? EuroCarParts?

Renault dealer? Vauxhall dealer? (Original shape Master was also sold as the Vx Movano)

Reply to
Adrian

Yeah, tryed em.

its the old old shape master 1990 model.

Reply to
Rubber Glover

Rubber Glover ( snipped-for-privacy@glover.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

Not even a Renault dealer can help any more...?

Ah, the lovely old square Opron-styled one, the bigger Trafic.

Reply to
Adrian

Probably collapsed after hearing the price!

Reply to
moray

Yeah thats the one, My local Renault main dealer just said 'no chance' they dont keep anything that old.

Guess I'll have to hunt around for an old scrapper.

RG.

Reply to
Rubber Glover

Rubber Glover ( snipped-for-privacy@glover.com) gurgled happily, sounding much like they were saying :

So they didn't actually bother to see if they could order them, then?

Reply to
Adrian

That figures, although they should have been able to order them.

I got fed up 'cos every time I went to the local (Derby) Nissan dealer for parts for the wife's Micra it always had to be ordered. Even general consumable items. When I asked what DID they stock, I was told they don't stock anything for cars over 3 years old, only newer.

Now somebody tell me I'm wrong but I'd have thought cars under 3 years old were the ones LEAST likely to need new parts. It's the ones OVER 3 years old that they need to stock parts for!!!

She now has an 04 Micra, and they didn't even stock an alternator belt when I went in the other week.

On the other hand, the local Ford dealer has never ever failed to have in stock even the most obscure parts for my 1994 Tranny.

BobC

Reply to
BobC

It seems to be the case that most dealers only keep a very small stock of parts. The total parts stock for any manufacturer would be huge. There are more variations in models than even 20 years ago, and cars are more complex. The dealer's computer network generally means next day delivery for most things.

The ones they keep in stock are the ones that would delay their workshop; in other words mostly vehicles UNDER 3 years old :-)

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan