1990 toyota Celica Mod wing mirrors close on signal from toad alarm,,,?

Hi..

I have a 1990 Celica GTR import....

One of the very useful facilities is that the wing mirrors fold in when you press a push button near the hand brake, to stop them being "boffed" off by passing lorries etc...

However, I rarely remember to press the button when I get out....

As it's a push button not a rocker switch, could I tie it into the central locking??? (Have a toad Cat1 Alarm Immobilizer which operates the central locking remotely...

Could I pull a signal from the central locking, connect it to the button, and have the mirrors fold in when I lock the doors with the remote?

Any ideas?

Paul

Reply to
Paul

You can certainly tie it in to the alarm. When I had the alarm fitted to my JDM 1994 ST205 Celica, I asked the fitter to do just this. Took a £20 relay to operate it. Any alarm fitter can tell you which bit you need and fit it for a nominal fee (it's a quick job).

Regards, Jim.

Paul wrote:

-- Dr. Jim Walsh Axordia/ University of Sheffield, Alfred Denny Building, Western Bank, Sheffield S10 2TN United Kingdom

Telephone 0114 2222344

Reply to
Jim Walsh