1992 Honda Civic 1.5 LSi Cam belt change?

Hi,

My partner has recently bought a =A3650 1992 Honda civic 1.5 LSi saloon to temporarily replace his company car when he changes jobs. The car is in generally very good condition for year with only about

72k miles on the clock. The car was very well looked after until about 2001 by the original owner but we have no service history since. He's replaced the air filter and plugs had taken it for an oil and oil filter change and a new exhaust because it was blowing a bit. It needs a CV boot replaced but apart from that that seems little else wrong and the engine runs very sweetly. However he was wondering whether it would need a cam-belt change. We couldn't find any receipts to say it'd been done (in the many honda dealership receipts from the original owner).

He's probably only going to keep it for a year or so, it it worth risking not changing the belt? Is there an easy way to see it and how worn it is? (he has a Haynes manual and is quite good with a spanner!). Any other things he should be aware of about this model?

Thanks for any advice

Reply to
loony