1994 camry overheating

I have a 1994 toyota camry 4cyl...it has been overheating, but the needle would move up and down rather quickly while the car was moving, depending on how fast I was going (faster I went--the cooler it was). So I called a local mechanic to ask why and he said it might be the thermostat or the switch or the sensor. So I started with replacing the thermostat (it was cheaper than the other options), and now it's overheating even faster than it was before (with in a couple of city blocks)... Why could be the cause of this?

Reply to
harryrs3

blocked rad or head gasket

Reply to