1994 VW Golf rear wheel bearing change

Hi, I changed the rear wheel cylinder in my son's 1.4 `94 Golf a few nights ago and noticed that the rollers on the ns rear were discoloured (brown) and starting to show surface damage. How do I go about changing them? Do I need any special tools other than drifts? I am intending doing both inner and outer bearings. Advice would be appreciated,

regards,

David

Reply to
David

Nope. Drifts and a few plasters for the skinned knuckles. Sometimes good to use a large socket that fits over the shaft to help put the new one back on.

TBH though, I'd just grease them up and leave them until they make a noise. Even then, you'll still have a while to get them done.

Reply to
Conor

Thanks, Conor. I'm a veteran with the skinned knuckles, used to change the front wheel bearings in my Montego every other week! regards, David

Reply to
David