1996 Ford Escort Diesel Central Locking Problem

Hi there,

I'm having some problem with the central locking on a Ford Escort. For some reason when I lock the car, the central locking instantly unlocks the car again. It's as though something somewhere is sticking. Can anyone point me in some direction as to where I can begin to solve this rather annoying problem!?

Help appreciated.

Jamber.

Reply to
Jamber

One or more of the door closed switches (inside the door) has failed, or there is a broken wire where the loom joins the door perhaps?

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. Where is the switch on the door that you're reffering to ?

Thanks,

Jamber.

Reply to
Jamber

There's one in each door, and one in the tailgate.

Access obviously means removing the door card. They are mounted on the door lock mechanism by a clip that usually breaks :-(

First port of call if I was trying to fix it would be to measure the continuity of the wires that go to the drivers door; this is not a particularly easy task and would require a multi-meter, the wiring diagrams and some basic electrical skills.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Whelan